In the midst of summer barbeques and vacations, one thing you shouldn't neglect this summer is some basic home maintenance to keep your home efficient, beautiful, and comfortable for your family. A few easy tasks can keep your home in tip-top shape.
1. Change your HVAC filters monthly - Dirty filters impact the efficiency of your air conditioning system. New filters will keep your home cool and running properly in the summer months.
2. Check fencing and repair any loose boards - Summer is a great time to do an inspection of your fence and fix any problems that may have come up over the past year.
3. Use your paint kit to touch up the inside and outside of your home - Living in your home, it's natural to accumulate little marks on your paint job. A few easy touch-ups take a short amount of time but can make your house feel fresh and new again.
4. Check hardboard siding and cornice for any separations - A little caulk and a few minutes is all it takes to maintain your home.
5. Water your yard - Especially in the heat of the summer, grass and trees need water. If your sod is new, make sure you're watering every couple of days. Check with your city about water rationing guidelines.
Follow these simple tips to keep your house a great place for you and your family to come home to.