Home Selling Tips, Tricks, Lists, and Questions
February 19, 2015
If you want to buy a new home in the Oklahoma City metro area, but you still have a home to sell, here are a few tips that will help you stage and sell your home. There are lots of great articles out there, but we’ve tried to condense a few of the best right here. Remove Your Personality – As you get ready to sell your home, it’s good to remind yourself that you want to make this hospitable to become someone else’s home. This means in the de-clutter process you need to depersonalize the home. You might like having every item under the sun out on your kitchen counter and all the kids’ artwork on the refrigerator, but it’s time to remove those items and allow someone else to envision himself or herself in your home.
- Clear Surfaces
- Simplify décor
- Remove personal photos and mementos
- Neutralize walls and wall art
- Put away toys and knick-knacks
- Is the paint peeling?
- Does it need to be power washed?
- Does it need sweeping?
- Are there repairs that are needed?
- How can some simple plantings improve the look?
- Are outside lights and windows clean?
- Remove Clutter
- Remove Smells
- Bring in a professional cleaner
- Steam clean carpets
- Remove personal items from bathrooms
- Remove visual barriers like throw rugs