Saving Homeowners Money & Saving Earth
August 23, 2021
The buzz in home building and remodeling is about “energy efficiency.” And with good reason. By maintaining an energy-efficient home, you are doing your part to ensure a healthy environment for future generations. But even if you’re not a big environmentalist, a significant bonus that’s sure to strike a chord is that an energy-efficient home can save you big bucks on your energy bills, meaning money in your pocket. Energy-efficient homes also offer a more comfortable lifestyle. Foundation insulation means pipes don’t freeze as easily in winter and tile floors aren’t as cold. Wall and ceiling insulation features blown-in insulation sandwiched between air barriers to help retain ideal temperatures.
No other Oklahoma builder has built more high-performance energy-efficient homes than Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods. For more than 15 years, the U.S. Department of Energy, the Environmental Protection Agency, the American Lung Association, and new product manufacturers have turned to Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods to test the latest and most innovative building technologies. Ideal puts the best of these technologies into all its homes.
Visit the Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods website for a complete list of our energy efficiency firsts.
We guarantee your heating and cooling costs
Not only that but Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods is the only Oklahoma builder partnered with the Environments for Living program to guarantee heating and cooling costs on every home we build. We’ll tell you upfront how much your average heating and cooling usage should be. If it’s more, we’ll reimburse you.
Ideal balances a low HERS score (Home Energy Rating System) with popular design features (i.e., more windows and natural light) for comfortable, energy-efficient homes with a high level of style and design.
The Ideal difference is a focus on innovative design both inside and outside your house. This includes thinking about the entire home as an energy-efficient system and utilizing the highest quality building processes, new technologies, and new products and design styles to give you the best possible home.
How does Ideal go above and beyond other builders?
- Guaranteed Heating & Cooling Costs. Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods is the only home builder in Oklahoma to guarantee your heating and cooling costs.
- Insulation. Blown-in insulation helps you get just that. It also reduces your heating and cooling costs. Many builders use other types of insulation or skip insulation in areas that are hard to reach, but Ideal builds your home with insulation in mind so that it reaches every nook and cranny. The foundation of an Ideal home is also insulated to help protect pipes in winter and keep your floor from being too cold.
- Windows. Double pane, low-emissivity (low-e) windows reduce outside noise, drafts, and heating and cooling costs.
- Sealed Home. We caulk every joint and gap to reduce drafts, save energy costs, help with fire safety, and keep out dust, mold, and allergens. Your Ideal home is airtight and even goes through a vacuum test prior to closing to ensure your home is sealed tight.
- Energy-efficient lighting. Ideal has replaced all incandescent bulbs with more energy-efficient LED lighting throughout your home which can reduce energy use by 50 to 75 percent.
- Energy Star appliances. Energy Star appliances (oven, water heater, stove) reduce the amount of energy used by half, compared to models more than 10 years old.
- Fresh air system. The comfort of a full-house fresh air system means that your home constantly recycles fresh air throughout to keep dust allergens out of the air. Every 24 hours your Ideal home will recycle all of the air inside with fresh air that has been filtered and cooled or heated prior to coming into your home.
Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods has built more than 12,000 homes and is still growing. We are committed to using innovative products and building methods, including many energy-friendly features, to meet the requirements of today’s buyers.