October Safety Tips
October 18, 2014
This time of year can be a lot of fun for families with trick-or-treating and fall parties, but don't forget to take some general precautions to keep everyone safe this month. Halloween Safety:
- Be alert when driving through neighborhoods.
- If your family is trick-or-treating, make sure kids are in groups or with an adult.
- If trick-or-treating after dark, wear reflective tape or carry a flashlight so that drivers can see you. Make sure kids are looking both ways before crossing a street and using crosswalks and sidewalks.
- Only eat candy and treats that are sealed or from a trusted source.
- Make sure you have working smoke detectors with fresh batteries throughout your home.
- Inspect your home for any fire hazards, including damaged electrical cords, lint build up in the clothes dryer and vent, and any unsafe locations of space heaters.
- Have a plan for what you would do if there was a house fire and discuss it or practice it with your family.