Choosing the Right Cleaning Products
March 5, 2013
To keep that new, clean feeling in your home, it's important that you use the proper cleaning products that won't damage the surfaces they're meant to clean. Here are a few products that will keep your home looking great.
- White vinegar - A 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water can be used as a non-toxic cleaner that is safe for your family and the environment. It works for getting stains out of carpet without removing the stain resistant material. It can also clean glass, kitchens and bathrooms.
- A smooth cooktop cleaner like Cerama Bryte - These products are made to clean your cooktop without damaging the surface.
- Dishwashing agent like Jet dry - This will help dry your dishes and keep the dishwasher working properly.
- Dust mop or Swiffer - These work great for dusting wood floors, and a moist Swiffer can be used for mopping.
- All-purpose cleaner like Fabuloso - This product is perfect for cleaning tubs, sinks, floors, countertops, and even toilets.
- Stainless steel cleaner like Stainless Steel Magic or Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner - These cleansers are safe to use on stainless steel appliances and sinks. When cleaning stainless steel, always rub with the grain of the steel.
- Scrubbing products and abrasive cleaners - These cleaning supplies can cause surface pits or can scratch the surfaces of bathtubs, showers and sinks.
- Carpet cleaners - Harsh chemicals can remove the stain resistant material on carpets, making them more difficult to clean in the future.
- Toilet tank tablets - Using these products can erode the seals in the toilet and void the manufacturer's warranty.
- Glass cleaners containing ammonia - Ammonia can break down the tempering in glass, especially on fireplaces.
- Drain cleaners - These can corrode and damage plumbing pipes.