Colorful fireworks of various colors over night sky
Residents of Ideal’s neighborhoods in Moore
, Native Plains
– enjoy convenient access to Oklahoma City and one of Oklahoma’s finest school districts. Thanks to the popularity of its schools, Moore has enjoyed explosive growth and development in the last 20 years. Now, with more than 55,000 residents, Moore is listed as Oklahoma’s seventh largest city, but still maintains an easy lifestyle that appeals to a broad range of residents.
Be sure to include these upcoming Moore Events in your family’s plans.
2018 A Celebration in the Heartland
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 -- 10 am to 10pm
Buck Thomas Park Great Lawn
Moore’s Independence Day celebration includes one of the largest fireworks show in the state, food, vendors and free children’s activities.
Entertainment on the main stage: Avenue and Banana Seat.
July 4th Sand Volleyball Tournament
Time: Start Time -- 10am
Children's Activities -- inflatables, face painting, barrel train rides, and more.
Helicopter Rides will be available
Car, Truck and Bike Show – 8 am – 2 pm. For more information, click here
Touch a Truck
Time: 3 pm – 6 pm
Where: South Front Fields (Buck Thomas Park)
Different types of trucks from the Fire Department, Police Department, Sanitation and other types of trucks represented.
Fireworks will begin at dark (approximately 9:45 pm)
Celebration in the Heartland is free to the public.
Reminder: Dogs (except service dogs) not allowed in the park for this event.
City of Moore Fishing Derby
Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 7:30 am to noon
Co-hosted by the City of Moore and the OK Wildlife Department
Rain or Shine
Check-In: 7:30 am at Buck Thomas Park (1903 NE 12th St.)
Derby begins: 8 am
The OK Wildlife Department will be on site for safety, knot tying, fish ID, fish cleaning and ethics training.
Bring your own pole and bait (crawlers, stink bait, shrimp, liver etc.)
4 fish limit per family. No culling. You catch it, you keep it!
For kids ages 5-15; MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
Pond is stocked with catchable sized catfish.
For more information please call 405-793-5090
Daddy Daughter Dance
Saturday, June 16, 2018 – 6 pm to 8 pm
For Dads and their Daughters ages 4 to 14
Where: The Station at Central Park, 700 S Broadway Ave.
Cost: Tickets will be pre-sold Online
Event features dancing, cookies, punch and door prizes.
Dive-In Movie - July
Friday, July 20, 2018 - 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Tickets for the Dive-In Movie, Coco, will go on sale Monday, July 16th.
You can pre-purchase your tickets at the Aquatics Office or at The Station front desk for $5 per person. Only 300 tickets will be sold. Doors will open at 8:45 pm.
Dive-In Movie: Coco
Where: The Station Aquatic Center, 700 S. Broadway Ave.
Time: 8:45 pm - Doors Will Open
Cost: $5 per person/ No Passes
Bring your whole family to the Aquatic Center for a movie while swimming.
No Outside Food and Drink, Concession will be open.
Food Truck Fridays
Repeats every week every Friday until Sept. 21, 2018.
- Friday, June 15, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, June 22, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, June 29, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, July 6, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, July 13, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, July 20, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, July 27, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, August 3, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, August 10, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, August 17, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, August 24, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, August 31, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, September 7, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, September 14, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
- Friday, September 21, 2018 – 11 am to 2 pm
Multi-Purpose Pavilion at Central Park
Come join us on Fridays for Lunch at Central Park.
Food Trucks in the park: Mexican; BBQ; Hot Dogs and Hamburgers and Music.
Take an hour away from work and join us at Central Park for Food Truck Fridays.
Movie in the Park
Friday, August 10, 2018 – 7 pm to 11 pm
Popcorn, Music, Candy and Drinks for Sale
Movie: Star Wars: The Last Jedi will start at approximately 8:30 pm
Rating: PG 13 Running Time: 152 minutes
Where: Central Park Multi-Purpose Pavilion and Amphitheater
Bring the whole family for a night under the stars.
The Farmers Market at Central Park
The Farmers Market at Central Park
Market will open on Thursdays through September 1st
Market Hours: Thursday evenings from 3:30 pm - 7 pm and Saturday mornings from 8 am - Noon
Moore Central Park Multipurpose Pavilion; 700 S. Broadway