The Essential Harrah
June 1, 2022
Ideal Homes & Neighborhoods is now open in Harrah! The Woodlands in Harrah is the perfect location for a new home. This tight-knit, quiet community offers small-town charm without giving up the convenience of living close to Oklahoma City.
New homes in Harrah will soon begin construction in mid-2022 and be ready for homeowners to move in starting in 2023. The Woodlands community is under construction at the corner of Dobbs Rd. and Reno Ave. and includes neighborhood amenities such as a pond, splash pad, and playground. With larger homesites and a central area of the community for neighbors to congregate and meet, this will quickly become a favorite neighborhood in Harrah.
School-age children living in The Woodlands will attend Harrah Public Schools, highly regarded for their great education and wonderful educators.
- Pre-K and first grade: Virginia Smith Elementary
- Grades 2 and 3: Clara Reynolds Elementary
- Grades 4 and 5: Russell Babb Elementary
- Grades 6–8: Harrah Middle School
- Grades 9–12: Harrah High School
You can find more information on Harrah Public Schools at harrahschools.com.
Here's just a brief snapshot of what the “essential” Harrah has to offer residents and visitors. There are also plenty of activities close by in Oklahoma City.
Things to do in and near Harrah
- Kickapoo Casino. Kickapoo-casino.com
- Wes Watkins Lake in McLoud: Lake and camping. Campgrounds.rvlife.com
- Two by Two Putt-Putt: A Noah’s Ark themed golf course. Open Friday and Saturday; Monday, Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only. Café on site.
- Wind Drift Orchards: Peach and nectarine orchards, specialty and gift shop, farmers market. Winddriftorchards.com
- Ride a Rescue Stables: Horseback riding. 337291 E. Pecan Meadows Lane, Wellston.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum (downtown OKC)memorialmuseum.com
- Oklahoma City Zoo, Oklahoma City. okczoo.org
- Bricktown Water Taxi: Boat tours. Bricktownwatertaxi.com
Where to grab a bite
- Eagle One Pizza
20213 NE 23rd St., Harrah.
- The Lumber Shack
1859 Tim Holt Dr., Harrah.
Best chicken in the metro, according to one reviewer.
- The Black Raven Pub
1878 Church Ave, Harrah | blackravenirishpub.com
A traditional Irish pub where you can find bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage, burgers and pints.
- Blacktop BBQ
20884 SE 29 St., Harrah.
Blacktop BBQ on Facebook
Shopping fun in or near Harrah
- Big Buzzard Trading Company (arts and crafts, women’s clothing)
17045 NE 23rd St., Choctaw.
- Velvet Bird (antiques)
9319 SE 29th St., Midwest City.
- Red Raspberry Tea Room (tea room, gift shop, antiques)
11525 NE 23rd St, Nicoma Park.
Harrah also has plenty of mall shopping within easy driving distance: NorthPark Mall (NW 122nd and May); Quail Springs Mall (W. Memorial Rd. between May and Penn); and Penn Square Mall (NW Expressway at N Penn).
Check out The Woodlands and consider building your ideal home in Harrah!