Places to Play in Deer Creek, Oklahoma
March 8, 2018
Families in Ideal’s new Northbrooke neighborhood and the ever-popular Valencia, both located in the Deer Creek/Edmond area, find many places to enjoy outdoor time. Edmond's parks are premier places for families to play. Walk on a trail, enjoy a live concert under the trees, watch a live musical performance under the stars or escape the summer heat and watch a family-friendly movie from swim your float. With a variety of programs, events, and classes there is something for every member of your family. Browse and Register for Parks and Recreation Programs using the Rec Express website. NOTE: If this is your first time to register for classes please call Parks and Recreation at 405-359-4630 so they can create and account for you. Not traveling for Spring Break? View the Spring Break Activities Guide for ideas close to home. Edmond Parks Edmond has 32 parks with all different types of amenities. Click here for a complete listing.
- Bickham Rudkin Park and Community Dog Park – on 33rd, east of Boulevard. This park features a fishing pond, playground, covered pavilion with picnic tables and a 4-acre dog park. View the Dog Park Rules.
- Kickingbird Golf Club – 1600 E. Danforth Rd. The 18-hole championship course is one of Oklahoma’s premiere public golf clubs. At 6,700 yards, with tree-lined fairways and gently contoured greens, Kickingbird offers the perfect golfing experience for the weekend golfer or more advanced competitors. Reserve your tee time.
- Mitch Park – 1501 W. Covell Rd. This 280-acre park features two playgrounds, a disc golf course, two basketball courts, exercise station, volleyball court, skate park, amphitheater and an athletic complex.
- Spring Creek Park – at Arcadia Lake. 2.5 miles east of I-35 on 15th Spring Creek offers 194 acres of hiking, boating, fishing and camping fun. You’ll find a boat ramp, RV hookups, covered fishing pier and miles of cycling, walking and running trails.
- Barnett Field Splash Pad – Kelly Ave. north of Edmond Rd. at Barnett Field. All ages enjoy cooling off from May through September. 3,000-square-foot water park is free and open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Edmond 66 Park – Route 66 and Post Rd. Four-field softball complex with concessions. Home of the Edmond Adult Softball Association.
- Elevation Trampoline Park – 14402 N. Lincoln Blvd. NOTE: Under 18 requires child’s parent or guardian to sign waiver before jumping.
- Martin Park Nature Center – 5000 W. Memorial Rd. All ages learn about nature and wildlife in this serene environment. Open year round. Be sure to check the website for hours, as they change throughout the year.
- Pelican Bay Aquatic Center – 1034 S. Bryant. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Check the website frequently for 2018 information and information on purchasing 2018 season passes.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park – 2525 S. Broadway Buy tickets or fill out waivers
- Solid Rock Basketball – 140 W. 15th Basketball training facility. Offers Spring Break activities.
- UCO Outdoor Adventure Recreation – East on Rt. 66 in Edmond Park. Kayaks, canoes, standup paddle boards, hiking and backpacking. Open year round.