Ideal Homes Joins ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition To Build a New Home for a Special Oklahoma City-Area Family
January 20, 2010
Norman, Okla. (Jan. 19, 2009) - Ideal Homes announced today that it has accepted ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's challenge to build a new home for a special family in the Oklahoma City area. Ty Pennington and the design team will kick off the build when they knock on the door of one of five deserving families on Feb. 1.
Ideal Homes was selected for the show because of its award-winning construction and energy conservation technology and because of the company's long history of giving back to the community.
"This is a community effort. In addition to the home we build for a deserving family, the entire metro area will benefit through the food and blood drives we are planning as part of this extraordinary week," said Todd Booze, Ideal Homes president of construction. "We hope that people from across the area will answer our call to volunteer."
For information about locations for blood drives to benefit the American Red Cross and food drives with the United Way of Norman, please log on to the Web site at IdealExtremeHome.com.
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has challenged us to build this high-performing home in less than a week," Booze said. "These projects can only be completed if we energize Oklahoma City-area businesses and volunteers. Our trade contractors have responded generously to our call for support, but we still need more volunteers for everything from check-in and food service to cleaning up the site. We'll also want people to come out to watch the build and cheer us on."Volunteer Information: Ideal Homes is looking for community volunteers to provide their time, support and resources to help ensure the success of this life-changing project. Interested individuals or companies can find more information on how to volunteer time and resources at www.IdealExtremeHome.com Sponsor and Donation Information To make a donation toward the build, please visit www.IdealExtremeHome.com. Important Dates:
- Jan. 26 Volunteer Pep Rally 8 a.m., Journey Church, 3801 Journey Parkway, Norman
- Feb. 1 Door Knock Day Family is notified by Ty Pennington and the design team Braveheart Walk - Build kicks off
- Feb. 7 Move that Bus! - Family comes home for the reveal
- To schedule interviews with builders, family and talent, please contact Peggy Sealy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 405.863.3576.
- Press credentials are required for admission to the build site. To apply for press credentials, please email Peggy Sealy at email@example.com.
- Media will be notified of the build site location on Feb. 1.
- Media must check in at the check-in tent each time they come to the site. We will have a special Media check-in area - no standing in line.
- Credentialed media will have access to an on-site VIP tent during the week-long build.
- A BuildBrief will be released to credentialed media daily.