May 18, 2016
One of the biggest trends in home design right now is the farmhouse style. Whether it's because you're a fan of HGTV's Fixer Upper or because you love the nostalgia of another era, incorporating farmhouse details into your home can be simple. Here are a few features you can add to your home to get the look you love:
- Farmhouse Sink - These large sinks with front aprons are becoming the centerpiece of any farmhouse kitchen. They're both beautiful and functional with their deep bowl for easy kitchen cleanup.
- Barn Doors - A barn door on a track is a fun way to add some style to your home. It provides a unique spin on a traditional door. No place to add an actual barn door? Then consider incorporating it into your furnishings, like the headboard in the photo.
- Distressed Wood Floors - Flooring can transform any room. Selecting a wood floor with a distressed finished can definitely give that farmhouse feel. Or choose a wood-look tile for added durability.
- Painted Cabinets - Whether it's white, gray, or something as bold as teal, green or blue, painted cabinets are a great way to capture the style you're seeking. Add some vintage inspired pulls to complete the look.
- Woodwork - Adding a beam fireplace mantel, beadboard in the dining room, interior wood lap siding, or any wood detailing can make a big impact.