5 Must-Haves for the Backyard Grilling Season
April 23, 2020
The weather is getting warmer, the grass is getting greener, and cool breezes are blowing across backyards across the country. All of this can only mean one thing: It’s grilling season! For most people, that means spending tons of time enjoying your patio or porch accompanied by the sweet smells of barbequed meats and vegetables. To help you make the most of this year’s grilling season, here are our top five must-haves. Find a Reliable Grill We’re not going to weigh in on the age-old debate of charcoal versus propane or wood pellet. Instead, here’s a quick rundown of the main benefits of each type of grill:
- Gas Grill – Ready to go fast with easy cleanup.
- Charcoal Grill – Great for a strong smoky flavor.
- Wood Pellet Grill – Combines the flavor benefits of charcoal and the precision of electric heat.
- Electric Grill – Perfect for portable grilling.
- Spring-loaded grill tongs
- Stiff wire grill brush
- An instant-read infrared meat thermometer
- Stainless-steel kabob skewers
- Long-handled metal spatula
- Patio umbrella
- Free-standing or home-attached pergola
- Gazebo (with or without netting)
- Canopy (perfect for large gatherings)
- Retractable awning